Almost a Third of Tibetans already Live in Cities
Urbanization in China's Tibet Autonomous Region has reached 32%, with more than 1.07 million people living in cities, according to data from the Regional Bureau of Housing, Urban and Rural Development.
The bureau also reports that the regional government has earmarked 8.6 billion yuan ($ 1.3 million) for the construction of 26 cities and to attract foreign investment and public capital in urban development.
A representative of the bureau stressed that priority would be given to improving public service infrastructure and facilities while supporting the "evening economy" in the capital of Lhasa.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir