Almost a Third of Tibetans already Live in Cities
Urbanization in China's Tibet Autonomous Region has reached 32%, with more than 1.07 million people living in cities, according to data from the Regional Bureau of Housing, Urban and Rural Development.
The bureau also reports that the regional government has earmarked 8.6 billion yuan ($ 1.3 million) for the construction of 26 cities and to attract foreign investment and public capital in urban development.
A representative of the bureau stressed that priority would be given to improving public service infrastructure and facilities while supporting the "evening economy" in the capital of Lhasa.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » China Landed Rover on Mars
- » Italy Ready to Reopen for Foreign Tourists
- » Russian Orthodox Church Pleas Reduction of Abortions to Fight Demographic Crisis
- » Israeli Attacks on Gaza Are Intensifying
- » Southeastern US Scrambles for Fuel, as Colonial Pipeline Slowly Resumes Supplies
- » Israel-Gaza Conflict Escalates, UN Warns of Possible "full-scale war"