The Minister of Environment and Water Neno Dimov Resigned
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov has accepted the resignation of the Minister of Environment and Water Neno Dimov. It was deposited in the Prime Minister's office, the Council of Ministers reported.
Earlier today, an emergency meeting was held between Prime Minister Boyko Borissov and a coalition partner in the government and Defense Minister Krasimir Karakachanov, at which the decision was discussed.
Neno Dimov spent the night at the Third Police Station in Sofia. He was questioned and taken into 24-hour custody after police and prosecutors entered the eco-ministry. The reason is the water crisis in Pernik.
The documents related to the license of the companies that have the right to import waste into Bulgaria are also checked. It remains to be seen whether Dimov will be charged.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Zoran Zaev's Social Democrats Are Winning the Elections in Northern Macedonia
- » Bulgaria: Chief Tax Inspector Detained for Bribery
- » US to Impose Sanctions on the "Balkan Stream"
- » Protest in Bulgaria: PM Borissov Demands Finance, Economy and Interior Ministers to Resign
- » President Radev Demands Resignation of the Government and New Elections
- » PM Borissov Is Considering Five Options for the Future of the Bulgarian Cabinet