The US Senate to Provide $ 3.3 Billion in Annual Aid to Israel
Republicans and Democrats in the US Senate approved a bill to provide $ 3.3 billion in annual aid to Israel, Reuters reported.
In fact, with this piece of legislation passed by Republican Marco Rubio and Democrat Chris Coons, the Memorandum of Understanding signed four years ago between Israel and the Barack Obama administration is gaining the force of law.
This is the largest financial assistance from the United States to another country.
Rubio and Coons tabled the bill amid heightened tensions in the Middle East after the assassination of Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani by order of President Donald Trump. In response, Iran fired missiles at a military base in Iraq that houses US troops.
According to the petitioners, Israel is exposed to "unprecedented threats" and the events of the last few days are a "vivid reminder" of the importance of US aid to Israel's security.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Medvedev: If Moscow is Forced to use Nuclear Weapons in Ukraine, NATO will Not Retaliate
- » Day 216 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Fighting Continues on the Last Day of “Referendums” in Occupied Regions
- » At least 76 Victims of the Protests in Iran
- » 17 are the Victims of Yesterday's Shooting in Russia
- » Putin denounces "Inhuman Terrorist Attack" at Russian School
- » Russian Services have sent Forces to the Border with Georgia “Just in Case”