U.S. Delegation at the High-Level U.S.-Bulgaria Strategic Dialogue in Sofia
Today, Prime Minister Boyko Borissov and US Ambassador Herro Mustafa open the first session of the Bulgaria-US Strategic Dialogue.
Global issues, topics in the fields of defense, security, economy, trade, energy, the rule of law will be discussed in separate panels within the forum
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov's meeting with US President Donald Trump at the White House on November 25, 2019 confirmed the strategic nature of Bulgaria's partnership with the United States.
The focus of the forum will be to establish excellent security and defense relations, both bilaterally and within NATO. Emphasis will also be placed on further deepening of trade and economic relations between Bulgaria and the US. In 2018, bilateral trade in goods increased by 36%.
Preliminary data from the Ministry of Economy for the period January-September 2019 show a new, 3,7%, increase in bilateral trade on an annual basis.
Cooperation with the US in the field of energy and the implementation of priority infrastructure projects in the sector so that Bulgaria retains its key role on the gas map of Europe will also be discussed on the event.
- » Speakers of Parliaments in the Western Balkans Countries Gather on a Meeting in Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov Departs from Cairo to Berenice Naval Base on the Red Sea Coast (PHOTOS)
- » Herro Mustafa Chose a Bulgarian Rose as the Motif of her Ambassador’s Coin
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva to Participate in the Foreign Affairs Council on the situation in Iraq and Libya
- » Bulgaria to Host the Three Seas initiative Summit
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria Herro Mustafa Met with Defense Minister Karakachanov