Ivan Geshev Ordered Joint Checks of Local Waste Holders' Compliance with the Laws
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev on January 6 ordered the Interior Minister and the Head of of the State Agency for National Security to conduct joint checks of local waste holders' compliance with the Waste Management Act and the Environmental Protection Act, the Prosecutor’s office said in a press release on January 6, BNT reported.
In the course of the check, all waste holders within the territory of Bulgaria are to be identified and they will be required to produce an authorization, an integrated permit or a registration document for the relevant waste management activity and site. The entities will be checked for compliance with item 1 of atricle 8 of the Waste Management Act.
Chief Prosecutor has indicated that upon immediate identification of data of a crime of general nature, the relevant competent prosecutor's office should be notified immediately.
- » PM Borissov Left for Switzerland to Participate in the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos
- » Ukraine's Prime Minister Resigned
- » Consultations with President Radev on the Problems in the Election Process Continue
- » A New Series of Consultations with President Rumen Radev about the Bulgarian Constitution
- » Speakers of Parliaments in the Western Balkans Countries Gather on a Meeting in Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Holding Power and Managing the State Effectively are Two Different Things