An Airplane Skidded Off the Runway in Istanbul, the Airport is Closed for Several Hours (VIDEO)
A passenger plane of the Turkish low-cost airline Pegasus skidded off the runway of Sabiha Gokcen International Airport in Istanbul, Turkey, Turkish NTV reported.
There are no dead or injured people. The incident happened at 9.43 am (8.43 am Bulgarian time). For this reason, the airport will not operate for several hours.
The aircraft, registered TC-CCK, was carrying out flight PC747 from Sharjah International Airport (SHJ), United Arab Emirates, to Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (SAW), Aerotime reported.
There were 164 passengers on the plane who were evacuated without any problems. The weather conditions were bad. Pegasus Airlines has announced that “the necessary investigation has been initiated.”, DPA reported.
All flights temporarily halted at Istanbul's Sabiha Gökçen Airport after Pegasus Airlines flight skids off runway while landing. No injuries reported. pic.twitter.com/vB8ZguTYgk— Breaking Aviation News (@breakingavnews) January 7, 2020
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020
- » The Story of a 36-day Piece of News through the Eyes of Reporters - the Saga "Vera Su"