Which were the Most Popular Baby Names in Bulgaria in 2019?
Viktoria and Aleksandar were the most popular names for newborn babies in Bulgaria in 2019, according to data of the National Statistical Institute. Some 732 baby girls were given the most popular name in 2019. The second most desired name was Maria – 680, followed by Nikol – 596. The newborn boys in 2019, who were named Aleksandar, were 1,036. The next most preferred male names were Georgi – 969 and Martin – 811.
Since the beginning of the 21st century, along with the traditional Bulgarian names, increasingly more babies have been given names which are popular all over the world – Alexander, Martin, Victor, Victoria, Nicole, Sofia.
In Bulgaria, most popular female name is Maria. The other common names are Ivanka, Elena, Yordanka and Daniela. Georgi is the most common male name, followed by Ivan, Dimitar, Nikolay and Peter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Information Campaign Launched for Bulgarians Abroad Related to Child Protection
- » Huge Quarantine Facility Being Built in China Following New Covid-19 Outbreak
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister: Privileges of Health Certificate Holders Are Political Issue
- » Bulgaria: Restrictive Measures Will Be Loosened in Certain Sectors Next Month
- » Australia Raises Alarm after 29 Norwegians Die Following Immunization with Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 570 Newly Infected, 7,533 Recovered