UNESCO to the US and Iran: You are Obliged not to Harm Cultural Heritage in the Event of Armed Conflict
UNESCO has reminded the US and Iran that they have signed international treaties that oblige them not to damage cultural heritage sites in armed conflict, Reuters reported.
Тhe United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization recalled that under the provisions of the 1954 and 1972 Conventions - both ratified by Washington and Tehran - the signatories undertake not to take any deliberate action that could harm cultural sites and natural heritage in the territory of another Party to the Conventions.
US President Donald Trump has confirmed his threat to attack cultural sites in Iran. He warned there would be а "major retaliation" if Iran responded to the assassination of prominent Iranian general Qasem Soleimani a US airstrike near Baghdad on Friday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Kremlin Supports the Serbs in Kosovo - The West blames Pristina
- » MEPs call for Hungary's EU Presidency to be Postponed
- » Day 462 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia announced that it had Sunk Ukraine's last Warship
- » Artificial Intelligence could wipe out Humanity according to Experts
- » Blinken: Now is the Time for Sweden to join NATO
- » Failure: North Korea's Spy Satellite Crashed into the Sea