Tragedy in Cambodia - 7-Story Building Collapsed and Killed 36 People
At least 36 people were killed and 23 were injured in a building collapse in Cambodia and workers were buried beneath the rubble, authorities said, according to Reuters.
The 7-story concrete building collapsed Friday in the coastal town of Kep, located about 160 kilometers southwest of Phnom Penh. So far, 24 people have died. An unknown number of workers remain blocked, Kep's governor said, adding that authorities have detained Cambodian spouses who own the building for questioning.
Prime Minister Hun Sen said yesterday that rescuers are still trying to reach the blocked people.
Cambodia is booming because of the increasing flow of Chinese tourists and investors, Reuters said. The tragedy occurred one year after another construction site collapsed and took the lives of 28 people in Sihanoukville.
The victims include six children and 14 women, authorities said in a communique. According to the latest information the victims are now 36.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Young Doctor from Sofia's Emergency Aid Dies of COVID-19
- » 5.3 Мagnitude Earthquake Shakes Turkey
- » Rock Mass Collapsed During the Construction of the Zheleznitsa Tunnel, Three Workers Injured
- » A Public Transport Bus Hit a Child Riding a Scooter in Sofia
- » A Lightning Strike Killed a Child Near Botevgrad
- » Two Children Drowned After Jumping From the Bridge in the Sea Garden of Burgas