Unusual Heat in Norway
January 2, 2020 is the hottest January day in Norway
Rare heatwave covered western Norway in early January, during a period in which temperatures generally should be below zero.
The highest temperature of 19 ° more than 25 ° C above the monthly average was measured in Rauma. People there have been enjoying the country's warmest January temperatures ever recorded at 19C - with some, including the mayor, swimming in the sea, BBC reported. January 2 is the warmest January day in Norway since statistics are recorded and the hottest day for any winter from December to February on the Scandinavian Peninsula.
While many enjoyed the warm weather, there is concern that this is another example of climate change.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain in Some Places, Max Temp 11°-16° C
- » Bulgaria: Caps for the Future Charity Initiative Begins this Weekend
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rains Continue but will Gradually Weaken
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Orange Code for Intensive Rainfall around the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain, Clouds and Low Temperatures
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max Temp between 12°-17°C