New Zealand's Glaciers Turned Yellow
The Fox and Franz Josef glaciers in New Zealand turned yellow literally. This is shown by pictures published in New Zealand media.
The reason is the devastating bushfire smoke and ash in Australia. New South Wales and Franz Josef glaciers are more than 2,000 kilometers apart, CNN reported.
Environmentalists fear that fire and smoke in Australia will cause glaciers to melt faster.
More pix pic.twitter.com/PjDL9vZJT5— Fabulousmonster (@Rachelhatesit) January 2, 2020
- » 5.6 Earthquake Off the Coast of Indonesia
- » Hundreds of Flights Canceled in UK because of the Storm "Dennis"
- » Record Wind Gusts of 255 km/h Hit Iceland
- » Ivan Geshev: There will be Permanent Checks of What is Burnt in the TPPs
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures mostly between 9C and 14C
- » Cold Wave in Saudi Arabia