BNR: Bulgarians on Shopping Spree ahead of Holidays
People in Bulgaria have set a shopping record, spending EUR 1.2 billion ahead of the Christmas and New Year holidays, BNR reported.
They have spent almost EUR 250 million in shops and restaurants in the last 7 days of the year alone (22-30 December). This figure includes the money spent on gifts, food, bars and restaurants and travel. Bulgarian National Bank data indicate that in the period from the beginning of the month until 22 December, the amount of money in circulation has gone up by almost half a million euro, reaching the record EUR. 8.5 billion.
- » At least 11 Dead due to Heavy Rains in Brazil
- » PISA Survey: Many Young Bulgarians Prefer to Work in the Services Sector
- » Facebook Collapsed
- » Turkey Struck by 2 Major Earthquakes, 22 People were Killed
- » BNR: Programmes Targeted at Bulgarian Students in UK to Continue until the End of 2020
- » TASS: Bulgaria Declares Two Russian Diplomats Accused of Espionage Personae Non Gratae