French Customs Officers Rescued 30 Migrants in the English Channel
About 30 migrants attempting to reach the British coast by two boats were rescued in the English Channel today, French authorities said.
The first rescue operation began around 1:00 GMT - after a boat, carrying 11 people onboard, including two young children, crashed.
Later, another 20 migrants were rescued near Dunkirk, 40 km east of Calais, including a pregnant woman whose boat began to leak water. A customs patrol boat has brought everyone alive and well to the French coast.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Belarus Bans Orwell's 1984
- » Germany’s Chancellor Rejects Ukraine's Swift Entry into the EU - Deems it Unfair to the Balkans
- » Bush: The Invasion of Iraq was Brutal...I meant of Ukraine (VIDEO)
- » Day 85 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Extends Martial Law and Mobilization by 90 Days, US Warned Moscow, Russia used Laser Weapons
- » UN: Mass World Hunger Awaits Us
- » European Commission Proposed an Armaments Plan to Ensure the Security of the EU