French Customs Officers Rescued 30 Migrants in the English Channel
About 30 migrants attempting to reach the British coast by two boats were rescued in the English Channel today, French authorities said.
The first rescue operation began around 1:00 GMT - after a boat, carrying 11 people onboard, including two young children, crashed.
Later, another 20 migrants were rescued near Dunkirk, 40 km east of Calais, including a pregnant woman whose boat began to leak water. A customs patrol boat has brought everyone alive and well to the French coast.
- » Eurostat: EU Exports of Services to Countries outside of the EU Valued at €945 Billion
- » Boris Johnson is Preparing for Trade Talks with the US
- » Taj Mahal to be Cleaned for the First Time in 300 Years because of Donald Trump’s Visit
- » The EU Decides within Days whether to Start Membership Talks with Tirana and Skopje
- » The White House: The US Needs Funding to Fight the Coronavirus
- » Most Americans Think Trump will be Reelected