A Low-Cost Airline Cancels New Year's Flights
German UFO union has called for a strike on the cabin staff of the low-cost airline Germanwings, which is a division of Lufthansa, Handelsblatt newspaper informs, BNR reported. Strike actions will start from 0:00 local time on December 30 and continue until 24:00 on January 1st.
The strike is part of a months-long dispute with Lufthansa's management and its subsidiaries about working conditions. The labor dispute has already resulted in a strike in four Lufthansa units and a two-day strike at the parent company. About 1,500 flights were canceled in November, affecting about 200,000 passengers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Direct Flights between Albania and Bulgaria start on August 1
- » Mykonos, Santorini and Rhodes Placed in Dark Red COVID Zone
- » EasyJet with Routes to 30 Countries in August
- » Tourists from Romania 46.7 Percent of All EU Visitors to Bulgaria
- » Tourism Industry Fears Decline in Number of Tourists in August
- » New Rules for Travel by Ferry to the Greek Islands