336 Protesters were Arrested during the Christmas Holidays in Hong Kong
Police in Hong Kong have arrested 336 people during the Christmas holidays, the Associated Press reported.
A police spokesman told reporters that there were 92 women, and minors, the youngest 12 years old.
Demonstrators, some of them wearing Santa's hats, have clashed with police in recent days, mainly in shopping malls. Masked protesters broke shop windows and police responded with tear gas and arrests.
A police spokesman said protesters had attacked citizens in malls and restaurants. He also condemned the vandalism against metro stations, banks and the electricity grid.
- » Albania to Receive € 3m Donation from the Netherlands to Deal with Powerful Earthquake Damage
- » China is Cleaning and Quarantining Banknotes due to the Coronavirus
- » Bulgaria Returns another 54 Containers with Waste to Italy
- » The United States Extended Huawei's Provisional License for another 45 Days
- » Protests in Greece over New Refugee Centers
- » Turkish President Recep Erdogan Visits Pakistan