336 Protesters were Arrested during the Christmas Holidays in Hong Kong
Police in Hong Kong have arrested 336 people during the Christmas holidays, the Associated Press reported.
A police spokesman told reporters that there were 92 women, and minors, the youngest 12 years old.
Demonstrators, some of them wearing Santa's hats, have clashed with police in recent days, mainly in shopping malls. Masked protesters broke shop windows and police responded with tear gas and arrests.
A police spokesman said protesters had attacked citizens in malls and restaurants. He also condemned the vandalism against metro stations, banks and the electricity grid.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 588 of the Invasion of Ukraine: A Large Part of Russia's Black Sea Fleet has left Sevastopol
- » Italy: At least 21 Dead after a Bus carrying Tourists fell off an overpass in Venice
- » The US House of Representatives removed Kevin McCarthy as Speaker
- » Poland and the Czech Republic introduce Checks on the Slovak Border
- » The European Commission expects Harmful Emissions in the EU to be Reduced by at least 90% by 2040
- » Day 587 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Prigozhin’s Son takes control of Wagner