A Powerful Earthquake Struck Iran near a Nuclear Power Plant
A 5.1-magnitude earthquake struck southern Iran near Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant, according to the US Geophysical Institute, cited by Reuters.
The quake's epicentre was less than 50 km from Iran's only nuclear power plant.
The Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center, quoted by TASS, said the earthquake took place 132 km southwest of the city of Shiraz with a population of 1.2 million people and a depth of 10 km.
According to the US Geophysical Institute, the quake became 38 km deep.
There is no information on casualties or property damage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » ID Papers Forgery Ring Busted in Bulgaria - Prosecutor General
- » Another Earthquake of 3,9 Magnitude Registered in Vrancea, Romania
- » Light Earthquake of 2,8 Magnitude Registered in Bulgaria
- » Italy’s Ambassador to Congo and Two of UN Convoy Killed in Attempted Kidnap
- » Earthquake Measuring 5,1 on Richter Scale Rocks Greece
- » Sofia Prosecutor’s Office to Investigate Tragic Death of Teenager Killed by High Tension Wire