A Powerful Earthquake Struck Iran near a Nuclear Power Plant
A 5.1-magnitude earthquake struck southern Iran near Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant, according to the US Geophysical Institute, cited by Reuters.
The quake's epicentre was less than 50 km from Iran's only nuclear power plant.
The Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center, quoted by TASS, said the earthquake took place 132 km southwest of the city of Shiraz with a population of 1.2 million people and a depth of 10 km.
According to the US Geophysical Institute, the quake became 38 km deep.
There is no information on casualties or property damage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia held a Funeral for the 45 Victims of the Bus Crash that occurred in Bulgaria
- » Skopje will Receive the Remains of its Citizens that Died in the Bus Crash on Struma Highway
- » Explosion in Munich Wounded Dozens and stopped the Movement of Trains
- » Minister Komitova: The Bus Crash on the Struma highway was not with High Speed
- » Possible End to Mass Explosions caused by Pyrotechnics during Celebrations in Sofia
- » Shooting at a Bus in Kosovo, Young Students were Killed