A German Returned Lost Bag with 16,000 Euros
He refused a reward from its owner "because it was Christmas," police in Krefeld wrote.
A 63-year-old man in Germany forgot a backpack full of gifts and 16,000 euros in cash, according to AFP and BGNES.
His compatriot alerted police after he came across the valuable bag near the centre of the western town of Krefeld shortly before midnight on Christmas Eve. Employees were able to quickly identify the owner and return his backpack.
The man who found the bag refused a reward from its owner "because it was Christmas," police wrote Facebook. "There really are people who do good things on Christmas," they added.
In Germany, anyone who returns an item found is entitled to a fee reward from its owner, depending on the value of the item. In this case, the man would be with 490 euros richer if he had accepted the prize.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Refused to Supply the Fifth Approved COVID Vaccine
- » The Disney + Streaming Service Launches in Bulgaria in the Summer of 2022
- » Dr. Simidchiev: At Least 2/3 of Bulgarians are Against the Measures but They Risk Severe Illness
- » Bulgarian Doctor: This is Not a Wave, this is a Tsunami, we have Too Many Patients
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 5°C and 10°C
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Victims of the Virus have Exceeded 33,000