Intense Traffic because of the Christmas Holidays
Intense traffic on Bulgaria’s main roads is expected ahead of the Christmas holidays.
Some 3,600 police officers will monitor compliance with traffic rules along with more than 200 technical means. The police will be checking for aggressive driving, speeding, alcohol and drug use, as well as whether vehicles are technically in good condition and compliant for driving in winter conditions, BNT reported.
Motorways and the roads to the borders and mountain resorts are expected to be the busiest. The largest number of vehicles are expected at Kulata border crossing (border with Greece). As a safety measure, traffic of heavy goods vehicles will be temporarily stopped from 16.00 to 20.00 today, December 20 and on Saturday, December 21, from 08.00 to 11.00 o’clock.
The Bulgarian Railway Company will provide additional 28,000 seats during the Christmas holidays and around New Year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » AFP: Bulgaria Pins Hopes on TB Vaccine Against the Coronavirus
- » Bulgaia's PM: Entirely New Bilding for a National Children's Hospital Will Be Build
- » The Weather Today: Precipitations are Expected
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borrisov: New Children's Hospital will be Built in Sofia
- » 2477 Cases of Coronavirus in Bulgaria on May 28, 17 Newly Registered
- » UK: Ban on Menthol Cigarettes as Part of the New EU Tobacco Laws