Scientists Predict a Catastrophic Decline in Human Intelligence
Scientists at the University of Colorado at boulder (USA), predict a catastrophic decline in human intelligence due to the increased carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere, according to the website Phys.org.
Researchers tracked how increased levels of carbon dioxide affect children's learning.
Previous experiments have shown that high concentrations of gas actually affect their mental capacity, but the easy solution is to simply ventilate the room. At the same time, the effect of fresh air saturated with carbon dioxide was unknown.
Specialists examined two scenarios. In the first, humanity reduces its greenhouse gas emissions. In the second option, the emissions remain at the same level.
The computer simulations show that students' cognitive abilities will decline in both cases. According to forecasts made by 2100, the decline of humanity's intelligence will be at best 25 percent and at worst 50 percent.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 40 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 57 New Cases in the Last 24 Hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 148 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 133 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Researchers Reveal how Bone Health is Associated with Dementia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 150 New Cases in the Last 24 hours