Massive Chain-Reaction Crash Involving almost 70 Vehicles in Virginia (PHOTO)
The thick fog and icy road on a state highway in the US state of Virginia caused a massive chain-reaction crash involving 69 vehicles, BTA reported.
There were no casualties, but several were critically injured, according to local police. About 35 to 50 people were taken to nearby hospitals.
Local television reported that two of the victims were in life-threatening condition.
The crash happened around 7:50 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-64 at the Queens Creek Bridge, near Camp Peary.
#TrafficAlert I64 in #York Co #Virginia. #VSP investigating 35-vehicle chain reax crashes impacting east & west lanes. @511statewideva for detour info. Fog & ice on Queens Creek bridge at 7:51 AM when crashes began. Injuries minor to life-threatening. @YorkPoquosonSO @VaDOTHR pic.twitter.com/2qsiBYAAW3— VA State Police (@VSPPIO) 22 December 2019
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Statistics: Crime Dropped during the State of Emergency in Bulgaria
- » Five People were Killed in a Fire in a Building in the French City of Strasbourg
- » Three Children Killed in Gas Explosion in Northern Macedonia
- » A Tram Hit a Child in Sofia
- » Train with 160 Passengers Aboard Derails in Australia
- » 5 People Died in a Russian Hotel after it was Flooded with Boiling Water (VIDEO)