New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
The new movie of Bulgarian animation artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been shortlisted for the Oscar Award of the American Film Academy in the category of animated shorts.
The list contains a total of 10 titles, selected among 92 works in the preliminary selection stage. The nominations of the five titles that will continue in the voting process will be announced on January 13.
Theodore Ushev's The Physics of Sorrow is based on the book of the same name by Bulgarian writer Georgi Gospodinov. This is the second successful collaboration between the two authors after Ushev's short animation Blind Vaysha, based on a short story by Gospodinov, earned an Oscar nomination in 2017./ BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » June 25, Bulgaria: Sofia Film Fest Begins
- » Sofia Opera with Performances at Pacharevo Lake
- » Open-Air Art Installation from Bulgarian Letters in Berlin
- » Bloomsday 2020 Becomes Virtual and Sofia Becomes Dublin in One Day
- » You Can Now See "Baby Dragons" in Slovenija
- » Vitosha Nature Park: The Bear Museum and The Museum of Owls Open for Visitors