New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
The new movie of Bulgarian animation artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been shortlisted for the Oscar Award of the American Film Academy in the category of animated shorts.
The list contains a total of 10 titles, selected among 92 works in the preliminary selection stage. The nominations of the five titles that will continue in the voting process will be announced on January 13.
Theodore Ushev's The Physics of Sorrow is based on the book of the same name by Bulgarian writer Georgi Gospodinov. This is the second successful collaboration between the two authors after Ushev's short animation Blind Vaysha, based on a short story by Gospodinov, earned an Oscar nomination in 2017./ BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today Marks 102 Years Since the Treaty of Neuily
- » 6 Million Tourists have Visited Christo’s Wrapped Triumphal Arch
- » Bulgaria Celebrates its National Awakening Day
- » Prime Minister Stefan Yanev Greeted the Bessarabian Bulgarians
- » New York City Hall is Removing a Statue of Thomas Jefferson due to his Slaveholding Past
- » Tanzanian writer Grabs Nobel Prize for Literature