A Powerful Earthquake Hit Afghanistan
A 6.1 magnitude earthquake shook Afghanistan, Pakistan and parts of northern India today, France Press and Reuters reported.
The epicentre of the earthquake was 51 km southwest of Jurm, northern Afghanistan, at a depth of more than 200 km, according to the US Geological Survey.
The earthquake was felt strongly in the Pakistani capital Islamabad and the Afghan capital Kabul. The quake was also felt in the Indian capital of Delhi and the Pakistani city of Lahore.
No casualties and serious material damage are expected, said the US Geological Survey.
- » 5.6 Earthquake Off the Coast of Indonesia
- » Hundreds of Flights Canceled in UK because of the Storm "Dennis"
- » Record Wind Gusts of 255 km/h Hit Iceland
- » Ivan Geshev: There will be Permanent Checks of What is Burnt in the TPPs
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures mostly between 9C and 14C
- » Cold Wave in Saudi Arabia