The Elections in the UK Generated over 15 Million Tweets
More than 15 million messages were posted on Twitter during the campaign ahead of last week's UK parliamentary elections, an increase of more than 66% from the previous elections in 2017, the BNR quoted the company on Thursday.
According to social media, almost 10,000 tweets were sent in just one minute immediately after the release of the key exit polls, just after voting ended at 10pm UK time on December 12th.
It is interesting to note that dog-themed posts have become a tradition for Election Day in recent years, with more than 122,000 Tweets #DogsAtPollingStations published in the voting process last Thursday. Even Prime Minister Boris Johnson himself cast his vote, accompanied by his beloved dog.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » 75 Years of Progressive India
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro