Starting January 1, the Minimum Wage in Bulgaria Increases to BGN 610
The minimum wage will rise to BGN 610 from January 1, 2020. Its amount will increase by BGN 50 or 8.9% compared to this year, the government decided.
The economic development, sustainable GDP growth, an increase in the number of employees and a reported increase in the national average wage contribute to the increase in the minimum wage to BGN 610.
The proposed new minimum wage of BGN 610 will have a beneficial effect on domestic demand, employment and the standard of living of the part of the workforce with the lowest income.
Starting January 1, the minimum hourly wage will be BGN 3.66.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Record Decline: Euro Zones GDP Shrank by 14.4%
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy Will Support the Economy with BGN 1.8 Billion
- » LIVE: Bulgarian Government is Allocating BGN 1 Billion for Social and Economic Measures in the Fight Against COVID-19
- » Experts Predict a 21% Increase in Bankruptcies in Bulgaria
- » What is Bitcoin Halving and Why Is It Important?
- » The Rise of Bitcoin - The Cryptocurrency of Today