Today is the International Migrants Day
On 18 December 1990, the General Assembly adopted a resolution on the International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families.
The observance of International Migrants Day this year focuses on the stories of social cohesion, which are as varied and unique as each of the 272 million migrants living new lives and building new communities in every corner of the globe, the UN reported.
"All migrants are entitled to equal protection of all their human rights. On this International Day, I urge leaders and people everywhere to bring the Global Compact to life, so that migration works for all.", UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Weekend with Summer Temperatures up to 35 Degrees
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases, 14243 Total
- » European Commission: First Agreement on a Potential Vaccine Against COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: Deputy Director of Pazardzhik Police Dies of COVID-19 Infection
- » Protests in Bulgaria: “Protecting democracy!” is the Motto of 37th Day of Anti-Government Protests
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 176 Newly Registered Cases in 5877 PCR Tests