Ivan Geshev - Officially the New Attorney General
The newly elected Attorney General Ivan Geshev was solemnly sworn in, officially taking up his new post.
The act of taking up his post was signed by his three deputies, and as of today, his 7-year term begins to run.
"It was a huge honour and a challenge for me. Thank you, colleagues, for your efforts and the battles we won," Sotir Tsatsarov said. "Perhaps I should also thank those who have used their positions in the judicial system to attack me and the Attorney General, whoever he is. They made me stronger, ” he said.
He wished a successful term to the new head of the prosecutor's office and stressed that the first challenge he would face would be the consultations with the president about the change in the Constitution.
Geshev took office early after his predecessor, Sotir Tsatsarov, resigned a month before his term expires to take over the leadership of the Commission Against Corruption and Seizure of Illicitly Acquired Property.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy will Unblock Arms Exports for BGN 1 Billion
- » Priorities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs: The Fight against Vote Buying, Road Safety and Domestic Crime
- » Bulgarian MFA: The Main Priority is Holding the Elections Abroad, 800 Voting Sections are Expected
- » Leader of “Democratic Bulgaria”: "Gazprom" is a Geopolitical Weapon
- » Bulgaria will Repair its MiG-29 Fighters in Poland
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia