Ivan Geshev - Officially the New Attorney General
The newly elected Attorney General Ivan Geshev was solemnly sworn in, officially taking up his new post.
The act of taking up his post was signed by his three deputies, and as of today, his 7-year term begins to run.
"It was a huge honour and a challenge for me. Thank you, colleagues, for your efforts and the battles we won," Sotir Tsatsarov said. "Perhaps I should also thank those who have used their positions in the judicial system to attack me and the Attorney General, whoever he is. They made me stronger, ” he said.
He wished a successful term to the new head of the prosecutor's office and stressed that the first challenge he would face would be the consultations with the president about the change in the Constitution.
Geshev took office early after his predecessor, Sotir Tsatsarov, resigned a month before his term expires to take over the leadership of the Commission Against Corruption and Seizure of Illicitly Acquired Property.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgaria Government will Control Food Prices
- » Bulgaria expects a List from Turkey with the Humanitarian Aid it Needs
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: Skopje should understand that the Road to Europe is through Actions, Not through Words
- » Relations between Bulgaria and North Macedonia Worsened after Yesterday, 3 Bulgarians are Arrested
- » 151 Years since the birth of Gotse Delchev: Bulgarians are Blocked at the Border with North Macedonia for More than an Hour!
- » Bulgaria: How much will the April 2 Elections Cost?