Ivan Geshev Takes Office on December 18th
Ivan Geshev is likely to step in as chief prosecutor on December 18. This was suggested by SJC Representative Boyan Magdalinchev in response to a question.
Earlier today The Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) has accepted the resignation of Sotir Tsatsarov as Bulgaria’s Prosecutor General.
According to Magdalinchev, after the president issue a decree allowing Sotir Tsatsarov to leave office, the document should be promulgated in the State Gazette. Then Ivan Geshev will step in.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Outgoing PM Borisov Asked by Parliament If Blasts in Military Plants Are Related to Foreign Spies
- » Bulgaria: Prosecutor General Obliged to Report to Parliamentary Legal Committee Every Three Months
- » European Commission Mulls Suing AstaZeneca over Failed Vaccine Deliveries
- » Parliament Imposed Moratorium on Decisions of Outgoing Cabinet
- » Controversial Non-Paper Proposing Border Changes in Western Balkans Requires Firmer Stance from Brussels
- » Angela Merkel: EU Needs More Power to Coordinate Response to Pandemic