The World Mountain Day
World Mountain Day is celebrated annually on December 11th. As early as 2003, the UN General Assembly focused its attention on the problems of the development of mountainous regions and the need to assist the people who inhabit them.
Mountains cover almost 25% of the earth's land and are a source of livelihood for nearly 12% of the world's population.
Each year, International Mountain Day is dedicated to a variety of causes to help protect this enduring wealth.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1