Roxette Vocalist Marie Fredriksson Died at 61
Roxette Swedish singer and vocalist Marie Fredriksson has died at the age of 61.
"It is with great sadness we have to announce that Marie Fredriksson of Roxette has passed away in the morning of December 9, following a 17-year long battle with cancer.", according to Dimberg Jernberg Management.
Marie Fredriksson formed Roxette in 1986 with Per Gessle. They began their successful career with a series of hits. The most famous of them are "It Must Have Been Love", "Joyride", "Listen To Your Heart" and "The Look".
The Swedish singer left this world on December 9th. The funeral will take place in silence with only Marie’s closest family present.
In 2002, Marie was diagnosed with a severe brain tumor. At that time, doctors gave only a 20% chance for the singer to survive, but she recovered after a long course of treatment.
The Swedish duo put an end to their tours in 2016 due to the singer's health condition.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » In Memoriam: Former US Ambassador to Bulgaria James Pardew Died Aged 77
- » In Memoriam: Vanya Kostova, Favorite Singer of Many Bulgarians, Died Aged 64
- » In Memoriam: Renowned Journalist Georgi Koritarov Died Aged 61
- » In Memoriam: We Have Lost Tatyana the Great, Remarkable Actress Died Aged 87
- » In Memoriam: Bulgaria’s Ex-Minister of Defense Georgi Ananiev Died of Coronavirus
- » Third Zimbabwean Minister Dies of COVID-19 within a Week