Erdogan: Muslim Countries Need to Provide Better Living Conditions
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on Muslim countries to provide better living conditions for people by improving economic stability and prosperity. This is possible if everyone follows the Islamic principle of helping the needy, Sabah writes.
Speaking at a meeting of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in Istanbul, Erdogan stressed that Muslim countries are not working hard enough for their citizens.
21% of the population living in the OIC Member States, which equates to around 350 million Muslims, is trying to survive in extreme poverty. Muslim countries should seek more and openly discuss these issues, Erdogan said.
He noted that the difference between the richest Muslim and the poorest country is about 200 times:
"If Muslims give alms as per the fourth pillar of Islam, then there would be no poor people in Muslim countries," he said. "Twenty-one percent of the population living in OIC member states, equating to around 350 million Muslims, try to make ends meet in a state of extreme poverty. Muslim countries need to strive harder and openly discuss issues.”, Daily Sabah reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Breaching EU Sanctions will soon be a 'Eurocrime'
- » Russia not only Destroys but Depopulates Ukraine: A Quarter of its Population is already Abroad
- » Russian Sinologist: Within 10-15 years, the Balkans and Poland will want to join Russia
- » Day 278 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Pentagon considers giving Ukraine Munitions with Range 'Deep into Russia's Rear'
- » Turkey's Erdogan continues the Airstrikes and wants to Launch a New Ground Operation in Syria
- » Protests in China: Authorities erected Barricades and Arrested People just for taking Pictures