Erdogan: Muslim Countries Need to Provide Better Living Conditions
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on Muslim countries to provide better living conditions for people by improving economic stability and prosperity. This is possible if everyone follows the Islamic principle of helping the needy, Sabah writes.
Speaking at a meeting of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in Istanbul, Erdogan stressed that Muslim countries are not working hard enough for their citizens.
21% of the population living in the OIC Member States, which equates to around 350 million Muslims, is trying to survive in extreme poverty. Muslim countries should seek more and openly discuss these issues, Erdogan said.
He noted that the difference between the richest Muslim and the poorest country is about 200 times:
"If Muslims give alms as per the fourth pillar of Islam, then there would be no poor people in Muslim countries," he said. "Twenty-one percent of the population living in OIC member states, equating to around 350 million Muslims, try to make ends meet in a state of extreme poverty. Muslim countries need to strive harder and openly discuss issues.”, Daily Sabah reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir