Scientists Have Discovered a New Kind of Dinosaur
The team of Juan Pablo Suarez from the University of Ecuador in Loja has announced that he has discovered a new type of dinosaur that has never been described before, France Press reported.
The prehistoric animal was named Yamanasaurus lojaensis in the name of the excavation area - Yamanas, and at the site of the discovery - Loja. The bones of the animal were discovered in southern Ecuador, some 50 kilometers from the border with Peru.
This is the first find of dinosaur remains in Ecuador. According to the analysis, it is a titanosaurus. Animals of this group are large in size. The skeleton was not complete, but it was sufficient to restore and describe the anatomy of the animal. The dinosaur had short and thick bones, up to six meters long with a height of between 2 and 3 meters.
La especie más temible del planeta también habitó en #Ecuador
- » Scientists Found Fossils of Flying Dinosaurs
- » Archeologists Discovered Three 3500-Year-Old Wooden Colourful Coffins in Egypt
- » Scientists Have Discovered Prehistoric Mammoth Traps in Mexico (PHOTO)
- » 20 Ancient Coffins Found in Egypt
- » BGN 86 Thousand Allocated for Archaeological Survey along the Europe Highway
- » Scientists Have Discovered Skull of an Arctic Unicorn