Scientists Have Discovered a New Kind of Dinosaur
The team of Juan Pablo Suarez from the University of Ecuador in Loja has announced that he has discovered a new type of dinosaur that has never been described before, France Press reported.
The prehistoric animal was named Yamanasaurus lojaensis in the name of the excavation area - Yamanas, and at the site of the discovery - Loja. The bones of the animal were discovered in southern Ecuador, some 50 kilometers from the border with Peru.
This is the first find of dinosaur remains in Ecuador. According to the analysis, it is a titanosaurus. Animals of this group are large in size. The skeleton was not complete, but it was sufficient to restore and describe the anatomy of the animal. The dinosaur had short and thick bones, up to six meters long with a height of between 2 and 3 meters.
La especie más temible del planeta también habitó en #Ecuador
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Unearth Another Medieval Settlement
- » Fossil Experts: Early People Hibernated to Survive Harsh Winters
- » Bulgaria: Remarkable Roman Villa Discovered Near Dolna Kremena Village
- » Roman Furnace Almost 1,500 Years Old Unearthed in Bulgaria
- » Turkey: Mosaic Mural Featuring Mysterious Lady Resembles Leonardo da Vinci’s Masterpiece
- » Turkey to Turn the Byzantine Monastery of Chora Into a Mosque, Greece Reacts