Landslide Blocked Hundreds of Tourists in New Zealand (VIDEO)
At least 950 tourists have been disconnected from the world in the New Zealand city of Franz Josef because of the collapse of the earth mass caused by the heavy rainfall, according to the Stuff portal, quoted by BGNES.
The Ministry of foreign affairs said it had established contact with the tourists, who have been stranded by flooding and landslides that some fear may take months to clear, The Guardian reported.
Westland Mayor Bruce Smith reports that food and water deliveries were being arranged for those who were stuck. According to him, transport communications won’t be restored until Friday. It will take about 6 weeks for the road to be recovered.
Heavy rains in the region have been a fact since Friday. Due to inclement weather, there are landslides in various parts, which have led to interruptions in the power supply.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 15: Mostly Sunny Today
- » Inspection of the Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture Whether Unauthorized Plant Protection is being Used
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 14: Cool in the Morning. Warm in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 13: Cloudy Windy Monday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Windy Sunday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend