US Imposes New Sanctions on China over the Violent Crackdowns on the Muslim Minority
The US is stepping up pressure on China over violent crackdowns on the Muslim minority in the far West.
The House of Representatives in the US Congress has approved, by almost a complete majority, a bill to impose sanctions on members of the Chinese government. Beijing reacted sharply and described the bill as malicious.
More than 1 million Uighurs, Kazakhs and representatives of other minorities are held in the so-called. reeducation camps where they are tortured, beaten and deprived of food and their religious and linguistic freedom is taken away.
Most of the people who have been arbitrarily detained are Uighur, a predominantly Turkic-speaking ethnic group primarily from China’s northwestern region of Xinjiang, CRF reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir