Transport Minister Rosen Zhelyazkov: EU Mobility Package Raises Harmful Gas Emissions
Empty trucks driving every 4 weeks in order to return to country of registration will raise to 3% of the EU's harmful emissions from international freight transport by 3 percent. This was what Bulgarian Transport Minister Rosen Zhelyazkov said in Brussels at the EU Council meeting. Transport is a key sector for the Bulgarian economy, BNR reported.
The number of registered heavy vehicles is 25 800 with an average age of 3 years. Imagine these trucks crossing Europe and traveling more than 2000 km in vain and empty because of a desire to impose rules that are disproportionate and discriminatory to the peripheral Member States, Zhelyazkov told his colleagues.
- » Sunny Weather with Maximum Temperatures between 4C to 9C
- » China Bans Plastic Bags and Straws
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures between 0C to 5C
- » Strong Earthquake in Greece
- » Code Yellow Warning for Fog has been Issued for 20 Bulgarian Regions Today
- » Elevated Levels of Fine Particulate Matter is Sofia