Transport Minister Rosen Zhelyazkov: EU Mobility Package Raises Harmful Gas Emissions
Empty trucks driving every 4 weeks in order to return to country of registration will raise to 3% of the EU's harmful emissions from international freight transport by 3 percent. This was what Bulgarian Transport Minister Rosen Zhelyazkov said in Brussels at the EU Council meeting. Transport is a key sector for the Bulgarian economy, BNR reported.
The number of registered heavy vehicles is 25 800 with an average age of 3 years. Imagine these trucks crossing Europe and traveling more than 2000 km in vain and empty because of a desire to impose rules that are disproportionate and discriminatory to the peripheral Member States, Zhelyazkov told his colleagues.
- » Dubai is Flooded, no Bulgarians were Injured (VIDEO)
- » The Ice Melting in Greenland Has Raised Sea Levels by 11 Millimeters
- » A Code Yellow Warning for Fog in Place for 15 Regions in Bulgaria
- » A Strong Earthquake Shook Japan
- » A 4.6 Magnitude Earthquake Shook Turkey
- » Weather Forecast: Cloudy with Fogs