Subway Fire: Passengers from a Train in Toronto Were Evacuated
A fire broke out inside a subway train and hundreds of passengers were evacuated, according to a Toronto news release quoted by the Toronto Daily.
People walked through the underground tunnel to get to the nearest subway station.
No injuries were reported.
Metro officials said a wooden cover board contacted third rail causing a fire.
The power system was stopped until the evacuation of the passengers was completed.
The incident caused commuter chaos in the city's west end, suspending service between Keele and Ossington stations during the morning rush hour, CP24 reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian 19-Year-Old Boy Died After a Dangerous Selfie
- » Bulgaria: Lorry Crashed Into a House, One Man Killed
- » Incident: Two Workers Fell from a Construction Site in Kremikovtzi, Died on the Way to Hospital
- » Bulgaria: Big Fire in Svishtov Chemical Plant "Svilosa"
- » Bulgaria: Passenger Train Hits Rocks When Exiting a Tunnel
- » Bulgaria: Tanker Truck Exploded Near Devin