Death Cases due to HIV Are Decreasing
Of the 5.1 million deaths reported in the European Union (EU) in 2016, 2 900 were due to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease. Men (2 200 deaths) were more affected than women (700 deaths), Eurostat reported.
At EU level, the standardised death rate from HIV stood at 6 deaths per million inhabitants on average in 2016. Compared with 2002, it halved from 12 deaths per million inhabitants. This trend is largely due to more effective treatment, resulting in fewer deaths or death at a later age.
- » Two Bulgarians under Surveillance for Coronavirus
- » MMA: The Students who Returned from China aren’t Infected with Coronavirus
- » Is the Ukrainian Citizen who was Hospitalized in Stara Zagora Infected with the Coronavirus?
- » Ukrainian Citizen is Hospitalized in Stara Zagora because of Suspected Coronavirus Infection
- » First Victim of the Coronavirus in Europe
- » Chinese Doctors have Found a Way to Treat Coronavirus-Infected People