The Tragedy in Albania: The Death Toll Is Now 48
Albania's earthquake casualties are now 48, BTA reported.
About 790 people were injured.
45 people were pulled out of the rubble.
Search and rescue operations continue.
The 6.4 magnitude earthquake occurred early Tuesday at a depth of 10 kilometers.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria has granted emergency humanitarian financial assistance of 200,000 BGN to the Republic of Albania. The money is within the budget, set aside for development assistance.
The BRC will also be involved in the initiative to support Albania.
Authorities warn people not to return to their homes that may be damaged unless their security is confirmed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Restart of Organ Transplant Procedures in Bulgaria
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » Face Masks Now Mandatory at Outdoor Areas in Paris
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Protesters in Sofia Lifted One Blockade
- » Forest Fire in Bulgarian Region of Svilengrad Continues, State of Emergency Is Extended