Demonstrators Set Fire to Iran's Consulate in Iraq (PHOTOS / VIDEO)
Demonstrators set fire to the Iranian Consulate building in Najaf, southern Iraq.
Earlier, eyewitnesses told RIA Novosti that dozens of protesters were injured today in clashes with security forces near the Iranian consulate in Najaf. According to a security source, the death toll exceeds 80 people. A curfew has been introduced in the province.
According to an agency source, demonstrators stormed the consulate building and set it on fire. He added that the Iranian diplomatic mission had been able to leave the building ten minutes before the arson.
So far, protesters in Iraq have demanded the resignation of the government, the fight against corruption, unemployment and better living conditions since early October. Local media reported that more than 300 people were killed in the clashes and riots accompanying the protests, and the injured are over 15,000.
In defence of humanity..and to protect peaceful protestors from being killed by Iranian militants ..#BREAKING Iraq protesters set fire to Iran consulate in Najaf.— Amjad Taha أمجد طه (@amjadt25) November 27, 2019
Iranian regime uses its consulate in Najaf to sponsor and fund terrorist and criminals.#العراق_ينتفض#امجد_طه pic.twitter.com/R0vFEN9Hvg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up
- » Food Prices in the US with a Record Jump
- » North Korea has declared Victory over COVID-19 and blamed Seoul for the Outbreak