Mine Killed 15 Civilians in Afghanistan
Fifteen civilians, including 8 children, were killed after their vehicle crashed into a mine in northern Afghanistan, a government official said. The incident occurred yesterday at about 5:00 pm and injured 2 more people.
"The families were on their way to a wedding ceremony when, unfortunately, their vehicle hit a roadside bomb that killed them," Mahbubullah Sayedi reported.
Among the dead, apart from the eight children, are six women and one man. The blast took place in Kunduz province, on the northern border of the country with Tajikistan.
An Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman accused Taliban insurgents of planting the bomb in troubled Kunduz province, Voa News reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian 19-Year-Old Boy Died After a Dangerous Selfie
- » Bulgaria: Lorry Crashed Into a House, One Man Killed
- » Incident: Two Workers Fell from a Construction Site in Kremikovtzi, Died on the Way to Hospital
- » Bulgaria: Big Fire in Svishtov Chemical Plant "Svilosa"
- » Bulgaria: Passenger Train Hits Rocks When Exiting a Tunnel
- » Bulgaria: Tanker Truck Exploded Near Devin