Mine Killed 15 Civilians in Afghanistan
Fifteen civilians, including 8 children, were killed after their vehicle crashed into a mine in northern Afghanistan, a government official said. The incident occurred yesterday at about 5:00 pm and injured 2 more people.
"The families were on their way to a wedding ceremony when, unfortunately, their vehicle hit a roadside bomb that killed them," Mahbubullah Sayedi reported.
Among the dead, apart from the eight children, are six women and one man. The blast took place in Kunduz province, on the northern border of the country with Tajikistan.
An Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman accused Taliban insurgents of planting the bomb in troubled Kunduz province, Voa News reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threats sent to Schools in Sofia - Author says he is a Russian Nationalist
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash with Migrants near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after being Hit by a Freight Train in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: A 12-year-old Child caught Driving at 120 km/h on Trakia Highway
- » Bulgaria: A 29-year-old Man Died in a Car Crash - An Injured Baby is in a Hospital