Bulgarian-Registered Тruck with 25 Migrants Crashed in Northern Macedonia
A Bulgarian-registered truck crashed near the northern Macedonian town of Kumanovo, local police reported. This was reported by the local site mkd.mk.
It turned out that 25 refugees traveled in the lorry trailer. They were injured and transported to hospital.
The incident occurred on the road from St. Nicholas to Kumanovo near the village of Gradishte. The Macedonian Interior Ministry said 15 of the refugees were from Afghanistan, nine were from Pakistan and one was Iraqi. Seven are underage.
The hospital in Kumanovo reported that one of the victims was in serious condition and had to be transported to a trauma centre in Skopje.
According to local authorities, the group illegally entered northern Macedonia from Greece. The truck's driver escaped.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Development: More Arrested for Illegal Import of Waste from Italy
- » AP: More Than 360 kg of Cocaine were Found in an Apartment in Sofia
- » Say My Name: People Outraged over the Death of George Floyd - Unarmed Black Man Killed by Police
- » Plovdiv: A 16 Year Old Boy Was Kidnapped. The Kidnappers Were Found
- » A Turkish Citizen Tried to Smuggle 2460 Tablets Viagra Through Bulgaria
- » Police Chase in Druzhba District - 4 Men Detained