The Portfolio of Mariya Gabriel Will Be Renamed
The future tasks of Commissioner Mariya Gabriel will be expanded, and her portfolio will be renamed, President-elect of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, told the European Parliament today.
“Culture and education are what link our history with our future. This is what makes us unique. Our soul, our culture, our diversity, our heritage. And I know that with Mariya Gabriel it is in safe hands,” Ursula von der Leyen said.
In the future, Gabriel will be responsible for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth, BTA reports. Initially, it was envisaged that the Bulgarian representative in the European Commission would be the European Commissioner for Innovation and Youth. Gabriel's responsibilities will now include cultural and sport issues.
- » PM Borissov Left for Switzerland to Participate in the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos
- » Ukraine's Prime Minister Resigned
- » Consultations with President Radev on the Problems in the Election Process Continue
- » A New Series of Consultations with President Rumen Radev about the Bulgarian Constitution
- » Speakers of Parliaments in the Western Balkans Countries Gather on a Meeting in Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Holding Power and Managing the State Effectively are Two Different Things