The Portfolio of Mariya Gabriel Will Be Renamed
The future tasks of Commissioner Mariya Gabriel will be expanded, and her portfolio will be renamed, President-elect of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, told the European Parliament today.
“Culture and education are what link our history with our future. This is what makes us unique. Our soul, our culture, our diversity, our heritage. And I know that with Mariya Gabriel it is in safe hands,” Ursula von der Leyen said.
In the future, Gabriel will be responsible for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth, BTA reports. Initially, it was envisaged that the Bulgarian representative in the European Commission would be the European Commissioner for Innovation and Youth. Gabriel's responsibilities will now include cultural and sport issues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s President Had Meeting with Foreign Minister of Serbia
- » PM Borissov LIVE: Compromise Will Be Made Only to Education
- » Biden Reverses Course, US Rejoins Paris Climate Agreement
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Quiet
- » Joe Biden Sworn in as US President in Washington
- » Trump Departs from White House for One Last Time as US President