The Portfolio of Mariya Gabriel Will Be Renamed
The future tasks of Commissioner Mariya Gabriel will be expanded, and her portfolio will be renamed, President-elect of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, told the European Parliament today.
“Culture and education are what link our history with our future. This is what makes us unique. Our soul, our culture, our diversity, our heritage. And I know that with Mariya Gabriel it is in safe hands,” Ursula von der Leyen said.
In the future, Gabriel will be responsible for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth, BTA reports. Initially, it was envisaged that the Bulgarian representative in the European Commission would be the European Commissioner for Innovation and Youth. Gabriel's responsibilities will now include cultural and sport issues.
- » Bulgaria’s GDP to Decline by 3% in the Worst Case Scenario
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Congratulated the Republic of North Macedonia on its Accession to NATO
- » Boyko Borissov: The EC Prepares Guidelines against COVID-19 for all Member States
- » U.S. Embassy Sofia and the America for Bulgaria Foundation Announce a Financial Gift Program To Support Bulgarians
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Set to Shut
- » The President Canceled his Visit to Germany because of the Coronavirus