Explosion and Fire at Pirogov Hospital, Тwo Patients Were Killed
An oxygen bottle exploded and sparked a fire at Pirogov Hospital tonight at 4 a.m. in the morning, two people were killed and another 100 people were evacuated, the Interior Ministry reported.
According to initial data, there are also two police officers who were gassed, Nova TV adds.
Before the fire broke out, there was an explosion of a gas cylinder in one of the hospital rooms in the internal diseases department.
According to unconfirmed information, the victims were seriously ill stationary patients.
The incident was reported at the Sofia Fire Department's operations centre.
Eight fire brigades were immediately dispatched, along with a rescue team and equipment. They managed to put down the fire about 25 minutes after the outbreak. The teams’ work on location continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Young Doctor from Sofia's Emergency Aid Dies of COVID-19
- » 5.3 Мagnitude Earthquake Shakes Turkey
- » Rock Mass Collapsed During the Construction of the Zheleznitsa Tunnel, Three Workers Injured
- » A Public Transport Bus Hit a Child Riding a Scooter in Sofia
- » A Lightning Strike Killed a Child Near Botevgrad
- » Two Children Drowned After Jumping From the Bridge in the Sea Garden of Burgas