Albania: The Government Has Declared Wednesday, 27 November Day of Mourning for the Country's Earthquake Victims
The Albanian government has declared Wednesday, 27 November a day of mourning for the country's earthquake victims, the Associated Press reported.
Flags will be flown at half-staff in memory of the dead. Schools will also be closed.
20 people were killed in the devastating earthquake that shook Albania on November 25th.
The next two days - November 28-29, are national holidays in Albania - Independence Day and The Liberation Day.
Neighboring Kosovo, which has an ethnic Albanian majority population, also declared Wednesday a mourning day, AP reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO is considering Deploying Troops in Slovakia
- » US: NATO will Not Close Out for Ukraine – Possible Blockade of Nord Stream 2
- » Russia and Ukraine have Agreed to Abide by the Ceasefire
- » China has Informed the US it does Not Want Escalation of Tensions over Ukraine
- » Austria Cancels Lockdown for the Unvaccinated
- » The United States has Provided Russia with written Answers on Security Questions