A Dead Deer with 7 kg of Plastic Waste in its Stomach Was Found in Thailand
Wild deer has been found dead after swallowing 7kg of plastic bags and other waste in Thailand, AFP reported.
The Asian kingdom is one of the largest plastic consumers in the world - each Thai using up to 3,000 single-use plastic bags each per year, whether for wrapping street food, takeaway coffee or packing groceries.
Until recently, plastic waste pollution has affected mostly marine life, but it already affects animals on land. Local authorities said the 10-year-old deer was discovered in a national park in Nan Province, some 600 km north of the capital city of Bangkok.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects