6.4 Earthquake in Albania, it Was also Felt in Bulgaria
A massive 6.4 magnitude earthquake on the Richter scale has hit the Adriatic coast of Albania. The epicentre of the quake was 10.2 km from Shijak, NOVA reported. The earthquake was at a depth of 20 km and occurred about 5 am.
Several buildings have collapsed due to the earthquake that has caused panic among the population. The quake was also felt in the high parts of Blagoevgrad and Sofia. The power supply was cut off, there was no internet connection, and the Foreign Ministry is trying to contact our compatriots in Albania, as stated in Hello Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Thunderstorms Over the Weekend
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » 5.1 Magnitude Earthquake Struck Turkey's Central Nigde Province
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Week, Autumn is Coming
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Temperatures Up to 29 °
- » Nature Astronomy: Possible Marker of Life Spotted on Venus