Bulgarians Are the Most Passionate Smokers in the European Union
According to the “Bulgaria Health Profile” prepared by the European Commission, Bulgaria is the EU’s heaviest-smoking country. Over 28% of the Bulgarian citizens are smokers which is 7% more than the EU average. 35% of the Bulgarian men smoke on a daily basis. 21% of the fifteen-year- old Bulgarian children also smoke (2nd in the EU after Croatia), BNR reported.
30% of the fiteeen-year-old girls are regular smokers (1st in the EU). According to the World Bank, the price each country’s health system pays to fight the consequences of the tobacco use is between 0.1% and 1.1% of their GDP. Bulgaria pays over EUR 500 million.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Protests in Bulgaria: March and "Patriotic Omelet" at the Protest in Sofia Last Night
- » Bulgaria: The Police Removed the Tent Camps of the Protesters All Over the Country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 297 Newly Registered Cases, 13014 Total