Bulgarians Are the Most Passionate Smokers in the European Union
According to the “Bulgaria Health Profile” prepared by the European Commission, Bulgaria is the EU’s heaviest-smoking country. Over 28% of the Bulgarian citizens are smokers which is 7% more than the EU average. 35% of the Bulgarian men smoke on a daily basis. 21% of the fifteen-year- old Bulgarian children also smoke (2nd in the EU after Croatia), BNR reported.
30% of the fiteeen-year-old girls are regular smokers (1st in the EU). According to the World Bank, the price each country’s health system pays to fight the consequences of the tobacco use is between 0.1% and 1.1% of their GDP. Bulgaria pays over EUR 500 million.
- » Oxfam Report: 2,153 Billionaires Have More Wealth than 4.6 Billion People
- » First Case of the Deadly Virus in China Confirmed in South Korea
- » 5 People Died in a Russian Hotel after it was Flooded with Boiling Water (VIDEO)
- » China Bans Plastic Bags and Straws
- » Here's Every Lunar Eclipse You Can See for the Next 10 Years
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures between 0C to 5C