Many Schools in Pakistan Are Closed because of the Dirty Air
The administration of Lahore, Pakistan's largest city, has closed all schools today because of poor air quality. This was reported by the Express Tribune, TASS reported.
Air pollution exceeding the limit of almost seven times is registered in some metropolitan areas with a population of over 11 million people. Due to the deteriorating environmental situation, authorities urged residents of the city not to go outside without protective masks.
The major cause of the worsening air quality in Lahore is the smog coming from the Indian border states of Punjab and Haryana. Despite the bans, the local villagers continue to burn the crop residue in order to prepare the fields in time for the next sowing season.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water