Croatia Will Negotiate with Merkel for Volkswagen Investments
Croatian Economy Minister Darko Horvat said the country's government is likely to discuss the issue of Volkswagen entering Croatia with Chancellor Angela Merkel, MIA reported.
Although the production director of the concern, Andreas Tostmann, has recently said that the company it is not looking for alternative locations, according to Croatia, the government has prepared a proposal for the investment to be made in Croatia.
The government has considered all the requirements of the automotive giant's management and has proposed three potential locations for the new plant that meet the requirements - Varazdin, Ivanic-Grad and Dugo Selo.
"We are looking for ways for the government to step in to ensure that these three contracts are completed and goods are delivered, and then, after collecting payments, at least a portion of loans could be repaid," the minister said, adding that he had talked with several companies from Austria and Germany which might help.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Radoslav Sotirov, Director of ODMVR-Burgas, Resigned After Clashes at Rosenets
- » Official: Bulgaria and Croatia Join the ERM II Exchange Rate Mechanism
- » Entering Greece - Only After a Negative Test for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria Turns to EU Court Over Mobility Package
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: We Should Not Allow Another Closure of EU Borders Again
- » Tourism Season 2020: Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Angelkova at a Meeting in Sunny Beach