Manfred Weber: Monitoring Mechanism on Bulgaria Must Be Abolished
The constant efforts of PM Boyko Borissov and the Bulgarian people are paying off: for the EPP Group the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism for Bulgaria should be lifted. We are asking the EP President to write to the EU Commission to support Bulgaria exiting the CVM.
EPP Group Chairman Manfred Weber said this in a post on Twitter written in Bulgarian.
Постоянните усилия на @BoykoBorissov и народа на #България се отплащат: @EPPGroup смята, че #мониторинга по CVM/МСП трябва да бъде вдигнат! Искаме @EP_President да поиска писмено @EU_Commission да подкрепи излизането на България от #CVM— Manfred Weber (@ManfredWeber) November 20, 2019
"I thanked Bulgaria's great friend Manfred Weber for his call today to the European Commission on behalf of the EPP Group in the EP for the abolition of monitoring mechanism on Bulgaria," Prime Minister Boyko Borissov wrote on Facebook. The two spoke during the EPP Congress in Zagreb. They agreed that Donald Tusk is the most suitable candidate for the next EPP president.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine