Manfred Weber: Monitoring Mechanism on Bulgaria Must Be Abolished
The constant efforts of PM Boyko Borissov and the Bulgarian people are paying off: for the EPP Group the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism for Bulgaria should be lifted. We are asking the EP President to write to the EU Commission to support Bulgaria exiting the CVM.
EPP Group Chairman Manfred Weber said this in a post on Twitter written in Bulgarian.
Постоянните усилия на @BoykoBorissov и народа на #България се отплащат: @EPPGroup смята, че #мониторинга по CVM/МСП трябва да бъде вдигнат! Искаме @EP_President да поиска писмено @EU_Commission да подкрепи излизането на България от #CVM— Manfred Weber (@ManfredWeber) November 20, 2019
"I thanked Bulgaria's great friend Manfred Weber for his call today to the European Commission on behalf of the EPP Group in the EP for the abolition of monitoring mechanism on Bulgaria," Prime Minister Boyko Borissov wrote on Facebook. The two spoke during the EPP Congress in Zagreb. They agreed that Donald Tusk is the most suitable candidate for the next EPP president.
- » PM Boyko Borissov: Bulgaria to Enter the Euro Zone Waiting Room by the End of April
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria on the Last Place in the EU in Terms of Internet Usage
- » The EU is Ready to Help with the Return of Europeans from China
- » Corruption Perceptions in Bulgaria - The Strongest across the EU
- » Eurostat: Production of Industrial Chemicals in the EU Increased in 2018
- » The UK is Ready to Leave the EU on January 31st