NIMH: Code Yellow Warning for Heavy Rain in Place for Three Bulgarian Regions
A Code Yellow warning for heavy rain has been issued for three Bulgarian regions, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) said on its website.
The warning is in place for the regions of Haskovo, Smolyan and Kardzhali, where the daily rainfall is expected to reach over 20 l/sq. m in places, even up to 40 - 50 l/sq. m in some mountain areas.
A strong wind from the east will blow along the shore with gusts of 14 - 19 m/s (7-8 Beaufort); waves with force 4 (WMO scale)
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Volcano Erupts on Spain's Canary Island, Population Evacuated
- » Mostly Sunny All Over Bulgaria Max Temperatures 26°-31°C
- » Weather Today: Rain Showers over Eastern Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Light Rain in Some Places Today
- » Scientists: Last Summer was the Hottest in Europe
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Light Rains in the South and Maximum Temperatures between 20° and 25°C